Mark Your IMEX Calendar Now for the 2019 Edition of the AIPC Sales and Marketing Summit | May 19
For each of the past 12 years, the AIPC Sales and Marketing Summit has proven to be the perfect kick-off for member participation in IMEX and all the client and industry interactions it entails. Summit participants have the opportunity to compare notes on current issues, consider the latest industry trends and hear from representatives of key customer groups before they hit the show floor and a time of intense industry competition. This year will be no exception.
The 12th in our series of AIPC Sales and Marketing Summits will be held May 13, 2018 in cooperation with IMEX. Now recognized as a key session for International Sales and Marketing executives, the purpose of the Summit is to create a forum in which key market issues and challenges can be assessed in a global context and new strategies developed to address them. Its proven formula of bringing together more than 60 senior-level convention centre sales and marketing executives combined with client representatives and marketing specialists in a workshop setting has delivered consistent results since its inception ten years ago.
2017 SUMMIT SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
The sold out 2018 Sales and Marketing Summit was themed on the need to respond to long term market trends and deal with short term issues. Topics included:
• The AIPC 2018 Member Survey and analysis indicated that Centres were performing generally better than expected. Security and global competition continue to remain top concerns. Centres are responding with innovative new event concepts and partnerships and aligning market goals with local economic priorities.
• New AIPC Management Tools designed to provide Centre management with the ability to utilize globally recognized programs and included the new AIPC-Ipsos Client Satisfaction Survey and the Benchmarking programs.
• Centre CEO’s provided highlights of their top priorities that included achieving owner objectives and maintaining and increasing revenues.
• An industry panel from UFI, American Express and ESAE provided unique perspectives and ideas as to how Centres can engage with them and attract business.
• Anne Jamieson shared the MCEC’s project that mapped the customer journey through the event process and resulted in a portal to consolidate customer information.
• EY provided a detailed session on the new GDPR regulations, now in effect.
• Round table forum highlighted key issues including subvention funding, pricing strategies, CRM systems, targeted marketing content, launching a new centre and maintaining and recruiting talent.
With such a strong response to the program, attendees are encouraged to register early for the 2019 program:
DATE AND TIME | Sunday May 19, 2019 from 10.00 until 17.00 hrs.
LOCATION | Kap Europa - meeting room Meridian
EARLY REGISTRATION | Until March 15 | 160 EUR (includes lunch and coffee break)
REGISTRATION FEES | From March 16 | 180 EUR (includes lunch and coffee break)
TO REGISTER | email@example.com
The forum is a very valuable exercise and the results provide important guidance to convention centre executives as they look forward to competing in one of the most challenging and competitive markets we've ever seen.
For highlights of previous summits, please review the programs below:
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2017 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2016 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2015 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2014 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2013 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2012 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2011 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2010 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2009 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2008 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2007 Program
AIPC Sales & Marketing Summit 2006 Program
In Partnership with IMEX