AIPC Academy 2017: Celebrating 11 Years of Professional Development | February 12-17, 2017
The AIPC Academy is the only comprehensive professional development program specifically serving the needs of international convention centre managers! Designed to address the critical need for centres to maintain fully qualified staff in a highly competitive industry, the AIPC Academy provides a targeted, cost effective form of training and development along with the means to establish the kind of industry networks that facilitate future professional growth.
Using a diverse international faculty and range of guest presenters, it offers a full curriculum and a comprehensive industry overview with ongoing updates of all key areas of centre management, operations, finances and marketing. Since its inception, program graduate surveys have consistently rated the program as a “must do”, and it continues to evolve its content to ensure an effective and comprehensive learning experience.
The evolving program format has also been designed to encourage attendees to return to the Academy on a regular basis in order to further upgrade their knowledge and grow their understanding of rapidly changing issues specific to convention centre management.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
The AIPC Academy is aimed at staff who are seeking to broaden their knowledge of the industry and prepare for more senior management responsibilities as well as previous graduates and others who already have significant management experience and who are looking for a forum in which they can work with Academy Faculty and colleagues on developing strategies to meet today’s most pressing management challenges.
This would include:
• centre managers with several years of industry experience who are expected to grow their responsibilities
• those that have recently moved into this sector and require an overall orientation to the industry, and
• previous attendees who wish to continue to upgrade their knowledge, credentials and networks by returning as participants in the new issue-oriented format.
COURSE CONTENT AND FORMAT
The program consists of a full five day curriculum that addresses all key centre management areas whilst taking a highly practical approach to its comprehensive curriculum under the overall theme of “Addressing Today’s Centre Management Challenges” with topics that will include such key areas as:
• Delivering, Measuring and Communicating Performance
• Addressing Current Market Challenges
• Managing the Product: Optimizing Facilities and Services
• Organizational Structure and Leadership in a Convention Centre
Specialized subject areas will include:
• Our Changing World; Today’s Key Issues and Challenges
• How to Do Business in a Global Marketplace
• Financial Management and Performance Measures for Centres
• Benchmarking for Success
• Communicating Value to Owners and Stakeholders
• Addressing Changing Client Expectations
• How Suppliers are Responding to Today’s New Market Realities
• Winning Strategies in a Competitive Market
• Delivering on the Sales Promise: From Contract to Execution
• Best Practices in Today’s Centre Operations
• Buildings in Context: the Evolution of Centre Design
• Alternative Models for a Strong Operation
• Best Practices in Managing your Teams
Subject matter is presented and discussed in a highly interactive forum which encourages exchange and knowledge sharing amongst faculty and attendees. A case study exercise ensures that attendees demonstrate their accomplishments in a tangible form.
The AIPC Academy program offers the best possible investment a centre can make in the creation of fully professional management staff with the potential to play a positive role in the future of your facility and its programs in these challenging times!
The working language for all sessions is English.
AIPC Academy content is eligible for inclusion in the Continuing Education clock hours (CE’s) on the CMP program administered by the Convention Industry Council (CIC). Total relevant hours will be calculated by the CIC.
DATES AND TIMES | Sunday, February 12 from 14:00 to Friday, February 17 until 12:00
LOCATION | The AIPC Academy takes place at the Dolce la Hulpe, a dedicated training facility near Brussels that provides a perfect learning environment with full technical facilities along with sophisticated accommodation and services.
EARLY REGISTRATION | until November 15, 2016 | 2.595 EUR
REGISTRATION | from November 16, 2016 | 2.795 EUR
(program fees include course-work and session materials, accommodation and meals)
A limited number of discounted registration rates are available for long haul attendees in recognition of the costs of travel to the Academy:
• 6-8 hour flight: 20% discount
• Over 8 hour flight: 50% discount
PATRONS OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT | A new initiative designed to both recognize and reward ongoing supporters of the AIPC Academy. Members who participate in this program would simply commit to having at least one staff member participate in the Academy for three years. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOLARSHIPS | A limited number of AIPC Academy scholarships are available through the support of our Corporate Partner IMEX and AIPC members. The 2017 scholarship applications can be made prior to November 15, 2016. Criteria for application are available on request via email@example.com.
TO REGISTER | firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 AIPC Academy Program
2014 AIPC Academy Program
2013 AIPC Academy Professional Development Program
2013 AIPC Academy Management Symposium - Focus Group Program
2012 AIPC Academy Professional Development Program
2012 AIPC Academy Management Symposium Program