In our continuing pursuit of meaningful professional development opportunities for AIPC members, the Board of Directors at our last meeting agreed to create a scholarship program in conjunction with the AIPC Academy. The program will be aimed at supporting the development of new skills within our industry and acknowledging the role we all have to play in advancing the next generation of congress centre managers.
The AIPC Academy Scholarship is aimed at new entries into the industry who, in the opinion of their supervisors, show good potential for advancement to more senior positions within their organizations. Specifically, the candidates would be individuals who have been;
- With their respective organizations for less than 3 years;
- Are either new to the work force (i.e., recent graduates) or to the industry;
- Are recommended by their Centre manager, and
- Can demonstrate how they believe they will benefit from the scholarship
Two full scholarships will be awarded each year. The scholarship will cover all costs associated with attendance at the Academy, including registration, accommodation, meals and related functions. The scholarship will not cover the cost of travel to and from Dolce La Hulpe, Brussels, which will remain the responsibility of the sponsoring member Centre.
In order to nominate a candidate for the scholarship, members are requested to do the following:
- Identify a suitable candidate or candidates within your organization based on the criteria above;
- Prepare a note to AIPC indicating why you believe this candidate should be considered for the scholarship;
- Have the candidate(s) prepare an accompanying note of no more than 2 pages indicating their aspirations in the industry and how they would benefit from attendance at the Academy.
Scholarship applications must be received no later than November 15, 2009 for the 2010 Academy. Nominees will be evaluated by Academy faculty members and notification of those selected for the scholarship announced by December 20, 2009.
Selection as a scholarship recipient will not only deliver the benefits of the Academy but also make for a very positive statement in a recipient’s resumé. I would urge you to give consideration to nominating those of your new staff who meet the above criteria as a way of supporting their advancement.