Founded in 1958, AIPC is a professional, non-profit association of international congress, convention and exhibition centres with the mission of encouraging and recognizing excellence in congress centre management. With a global network of more than 150 of the world’s leading centres, its programs help members develop and enhance management expertise in the areas of operations, finance, technology, staff development, marketing, client relations and environment.
AIPC addresses its mission with a variety of activities including:
- Industry Research, analysis and technical publications
- Training, educational and professional development activities
- Global marketing and communications for the industry
- Member networking and information exchange forums
- Performance standards and recognition programs
- Annual AIPC Apex Award for "World's Best Congress Centre" and the “AIPC Innovation Award” for the recognition of management innovations.
AIPC focuses specifically on the issues, opportunities and challenges facing convention and exhibition centres and maintains close working relations with related industry organizations and the trade media to ensure that both members and other sectors of the industry are well informed about key issues.